Safeguarding & Privacy
Here at Bristol & West Hockey Club we treat the safeguarding of our young players as a priority. That's why we have fully adopted the England Hockey guidelines.
All of the documentation on these guidelines can be found at the links below.
Bristol & West Hockey Club Privacy Notice
A cookie is a file stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable that information from your visit to http://www.bandwhc.org.uk will be saved and stored for the next time you visit the site from the same computer.
A cookie can contain text, numbers or date , but there is no personal information stored in a cookie . A cookie is not a program , and a cookie can not contain viruses .
Cookies from Google Analytics
On http://www.bandwhc.org.uk we use Google Analytics to analyse how users use the site . The information generated by the cookie about your use (traffic data, including your IP address ) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States . Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website , compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or if third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
Google Analytics allows two types of cookies :
A persistent cookie that indicates whether the user is recurrent, where the user is coming from, which search engine is used , keywords , etc.
Session cookies , which are used to show when and how long a user is on the site. Session cookies expire after each session , that is, when you close your tab or browser. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google .
Read more about Google Analytics cookies.
What happens if you choose to disable cookies ?
To delete stored cookies
You can always delete cookies from your computer. How depends on which browser you use. Here are instructions for deleting cookies in the most used browsers.
Under new laws that came into effect in May 2018, Bristol and West Hockey Club need to provide you with certain details concerning how your personal data will be used and protected.
Bristol and West Hockey Club, hereafter, the club, takes the protection of the data we hold about you as a member seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect, how we comply with the law on data protection and what your rights are.
1. Name, gender and date of birth
2. Contact details
3. Guardian details, if under 18 years of age at registration
4. Next of kin: name, relationship to you and contact details
5. Personal medical conditions and medicines information
6. GDPR consent
7. Insurance acknowledgement
8. Video/Photography consent
We obtain personal data from:
* A parent / legal guardian registering a child to join the club
* An individual registering to join the club
* Updated contact information supplied personally or via a guardian
* Club coaches and junior co-ordinator
The club will process personal data for:
* Administering and delivery of all club events and attendance at club hockey sessions. This includes the use of data by appointed club officials as necessary to support events and the wellbeing of all members.
* Dealing with medical needs &/or specific requirements
* For Management Information purposes necessary to monitor and improve the performance and overall electiveness of the club.
* For quality and improvement monitoring
* As required by competitive Hockey Leagues
* As required by England Hockey
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
* Administration and programme delivery - Necessary to fulfill the contract that you are going to enter or have entered into with us.
* Dealing with medical needs - that you have given your explicit consent or in the child’s vital interests.
* In all other cases that it is necessary for our legitimate interests, which are to encourage participation in Hockey and does not prejudice or harm rights and freedoms of parents, guardians or the members that join the club.
Where you have given your consent to any processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
The club will keep your personal data within the European Economic Area.
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are registered as a member of the club. It is the members responsibility to communicate to the club that they no longer wish to be a member of the club. After you cease to be a member of the club, or cease taking an active part in the club, we shall delete your data.
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
The club committee are responsible for data protection.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to get in touch with a club officer. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Bristol and West Hockey Club